Sunday, December 02, 2007

one foot in front of the next and repeat

I like it when it rains I like going for walks in the rain
theres nobody else around usually this is what appeals to me
staring at my feet and the pavement one foot in front of the next and repeat
theres a few people out some coming my way but
i dont make eye contact, that would mean i might have to say hello
and tonight on this cold rainy night i dont want to talk to anyone
tonight i want to think, no interruptions thanks....i continue along and now I imagine that my eyes are a lens's and this is a movie
and i begin to imagine the soundtrack to this particular scene
some sort of wandering jazz perhaps led by a sax
its the night after a large storm a night after a large soiree at my place
i spent most of the day in bed as i do from time to time
i dont feel too bad hangover wise, mentally pretty good kinda lethargic and reflective
sundays kind of do that to me always have, the end of the week and tommorow begins a new one
i continue along and notice that the pubs not open, strange i think to myself then i guess alot of places didn't open due to the storm
theres a model train store across the road must be one of the only ones in the city
i cant imagine there would be many of them and this ones been around for years well thats what the sign says anyway
never got into model trains myself i did like most boys enjoy those electric grand prix tracks, it was hot wheels who did it best the double loops were awesome
one foot in front of the next and repeat
i wonder what she's doing tonight i wonder if i made the right decision i wonder if im making the right decisions now
i wonder who goes to see Blade Runner "uncut" on a Sunday night at an old one screen movie theatre?
Maybe I'll head in there sometime its closeby would i go and see blade runner uncut? I dont know?
Note to self "check out scheds and showtimes there might be something good playing there"
one foot in front of the next and repeat
Lots restaurants along here they seem so lonely tonight i guess dinners over
i think to myself i'd kinda like to have my own little restaurant something romantic about the idea
theres some really big puddles on the sides of the road and i realize i could get pounded by a wave if im not careful
I lived above a store once so im now looking in the windows above the stores across the street and wondering
"what those apartments are like inside" theres a nice warm golden glow coming out of a few of them, i like warm glows
at the store i ask the man if i got pay $6.95 for this National Geographic intsead of $4.95 American with the Canadian buck so high now and he say yeah "are you sure" ...."yeah" he says "they dont change this one yet" ..."great!..oh well i still buy it some smokes the very fat Saturday Star and a 2litre bottle of coke....gimme some sugar!
"thanks see you later"....."bye have a goodnight" he says...im in no real rush alone with my thoughts i begin wondering about........
one foot in front of the next and repeat


pullie